Italy Yoga Retreat 2019
Light Up Your Senses, Light Up Your Life
November 1-8, 2019
An Epic Italian Yoga Retreat with Naomi Gottlieb-Miller
Get away from it all in the gorgeous, Umbrian countryside.
8 days of yoga, exploring, relaxing, and savoring will be a healing balm for your body, mind, and soul.
Join me for a magical retreat in the Italian countryside. This yoga retreat will be a unique and powerful experience, enhanced by the sacred energy of the ancient landscape.
For my second yoga retreat in Umbria, I have created an experience that will delight both returning practitioners and newcomers!
In the autumn season, the golden light, fresh morning air, the smell of ripening olives, the aroma of home cooked food, and some of the best wine in Italy all conspire to illuminate your senses and create an utterly unforgettable experience.
The retreat includes daily, all levels yoga classes, meditation, pranayama, seasonal local meals, and guided trips through the surrounding region, as well as lots of opportunity for down time to rest and refresh.
Near the town of Spoleto, in the medieval village of Poreta, you will discover the pleasures and treasures of Umbria in an authentic, slow food and slow living Italian environment.
Umbria is known as the spiritual green heart of Italy.
Umbria is known as the spiritual heart of Italy because it is the land that inspired historical spiritual figures such as Saint Benedict, Saint Scholastica, Saint Rita, Saint Clare, and Saint Francis of Assisi.
Umbria is known as the green heart of Italy because the rolling hills, wide open skies, and stunning pastoral landscapes are unparalleled in all of Italy.
The Places We’ll Go
We will visit Santa Maria degli Angeli where the first church of the Franciscan Order still stands and the city of Assisi, with its beautiful frescoed Basilicas. The pilgrimage trail of Saint Francis passes through the area, directly through Poreta in fact, so you can take personal walks near the retreat center during free time.
Above Spoleto we will explore the sacred woods and grottos of Monteluco, a very special and ancient forest where St. Francis, Saint Anthony of Padua, and others, worshiped as well as many pantheists before them.
We will visit Gubbio, the most beautiful town in all of Umbria. And we will enjoy a wine-tasting and zero-kilometer food at the famous vineyard restaurant of Antonelli San Marco Winery, followed by a walk through the medieval town of Bevagna, shopping and artisanal cashmere store, Tasselli.
Along with exploring the heart and culture of this incredible region, Naomi will bring the amazing experiences back to the mat with daily yoga, meditation and breath-work practices, as well as offering stories and inspirational talks.
Where we're staying
As if you’ve stepped back in time into an Italian countryside dream, the Borgo della Marmotta is built from a farming village and mill dating from the 14th-17th centuries. Its one-of-a-kind charm has remained constant for centuries. A very attentive restoration was recently completed and the architectural details revealed the ancient rural function of this tiny village. The elegant rooms at the Borgo della Marmotta are ‘shared’ between two people, unless you’d prefer a private room. All rooms have a private bathroom and most are equipped with a shower and some with a bathtub. All room have hair dryers. All bedrooms are spacious, lit and decorated in a charming elegant style. Only natural pigments and material were used for the walls, while the colors of the linens vary in each room giving each one its own style. Architectural elements retained in the restoration merge with elements of modern design, giving a result of extreme comfort and refinement. Each room provides air conditioning, heating, Internet access, a tray with tea and coffee, and a mini-bar.
Meet Naomi, Your Yoga Teacher and Fellow Explorer
Hi, I’m Naomi. I’m a yoga teacher and longtime practitioner (I’ve got nearly 2 decades of yoga under my belt) and I am thrilled to be returning to Umbria, one of my favorite places on the planet.
Last time I came, I was a new-ish mom to one adorable kid (that’s us posing in Italy to the left). 5 years later I have 2 adorable kids and a renewed desire to explore the world, go on adventures, discover new things, and share a little yoga along the way.
I’m known for creative, intelligently sequenced classes that have a strong alignment-focus and an active sense of humor. Expect to learn a little bit each time you come to your mat. And also expect to have a lot of fun.
Included in Your Retreat
- 8 nights accommodations with linens and towels provided
- 3 delicious, regional and seasonal meals prepared by a local chef each day. On travel days, all meals are included. (Optional dinners out not included)
- Transport from the Spoleto train station for those arriving by train. All ground transportation for outings in Italy. Optional transport from the Rome airport can be arranged but is not included in package.
- Daily yoga classes with asana, meditation, pranayama, and deep rest.
- Introductory talk about Umbrian Spiritual and Mystical history.
- A visit to the sacred woods at Monteluco, the grotto and Sanctuary of Saint Francis.
- Guided tour of Assisi, Santa Maria degli Angeli.
- Wine tasting and lunch in the hill town of Montefalco at the famous vineyard restaurant of Antonelli San Marco Winery. Walk through the medieval town of Bevagna, shopping and artisanal cashmere store, Tasselli.
- Excursion to the most beautiful city in Umbria, Gubbio, including lunch.
- Visit to the Valnerina and the ancient Abbey of San Pietro in Valle, with local lunch
- Time for personal reflection and free time.
- Retreat Organizer and host in Umbria, Lex Ulibarri, with access to local sites, olive oil mill, winery, local stores, and resident artists. firstname.lastname@example.org/yogaumbria.com
Not Included in Retreat:
- Airfare to and from Italy. Plan to book flights to the Fiumicino-Leaonardo Da Vinci airport in Rome.
- Train transportation to Spoleto.
- Tours, activities, and travel taken independently.
- Passport fees
- Travel and medical insurance (highly recommended, but not required)
- A yoga practice of at least six months is recommended, though beginners are welcome
- Moderate level of fitness due to sightseeing in medieval hill towns on uneven surfaces, walking tours lasting several hours, and one forest hike
- Ability to carry your luggage in train stations, on uneven surfaces, and on stairs; bring one piece of luggage plus a small day pack or shoulder bag for day trips
Prices, Payments, and Refund Policy
- $2450/person double occupancy; $2850/single occupancy
- $500 deposit reserves your spot (payment plans for remainder are available. just ask!)
- $200 Early Bird discount if deposit made by November 15, 2018
- $100 Early Bird discount if deposit is made by January 15, 2019
- If you are a member of my Conscious Healthy Collective, you receive a 10% discount on the entire cost of the trip, no matter when you reserve your spot.
- Your trip deposit is 100% refundable for 30 days from the date it is received. After 30 days, trip deposits become nonrefundable and will be forfeited should you decide to cancel your reservation. Deposits made 60–90 days before the trip begins becoming nonrefundable on the final payment due date. If you reserve the trip less than 60 days before its start date, the entire tour cost becomes non-refundable after 7 days.
- If you wish to pay in full for either single or double occupancy, you will receive $100 off the entire cost of the trip. Same cancellation procedures as above, minus a small administrative fee unless you are able to find someone to take your place.
- Cancellations must be in writing; Trip Insurance is highly recommended
- Full payment is required by September 15, 2019
Sounds AMAZING, right?
If you’re all ready to sign up, go ahead and make your deposit and start dreaming about the magical retreat in Italy you’ll be taking in November 2019!
Wait a minute, I am so totally ready for this trip, I’d like to pay for the whole thing right now and get my earlybird discount!
No problem. Check out your 2 options below. You can get a private room or share a room. Click on the square you want to make your pick!